November 16, 2010

Catching Light



Today, sandwiched between periods of cloudiness, the sun emerged from high clouds for a brief spell. I took my camera with me on my midday walk and what caught my eye was the sparkling light on fluffy seeds and delicate dried grasses, so embedded in the textures as to seem to be emanating from them. Whether on goldenrod,




or milkweed,




or the stems and leaves of tall grass, the light was a marvel, adding life to what seems to be a dessicated landscape.




Heading toward my house and barn, I looked over the brilliant burst seedpods of milkweed and felt grateful for the moments of grace amid the gray.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely breathtaking. I used to see milkweed pods growing out of sidewalk cracks in the days where I walked around town more. Now all those sidewalks are in highly developed areas, instead of marginal locations that they were once considered. I miss seeing the magic that you've so beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Linda; there was beautiful light and I feel lucky to have all this around me. I suppose you have to get in the car to go see these weedy places.

    ReplyDelete